Website Skill Enhancement Center
Skill Enhancement Center
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the roles and responsibilities for this role:
- Research topics and background information for issues to be featured on the programme
- Plan and rehearse shows
- Write, and sometimes memorize scripts
- Liaise with other members of the production and technical team/s.
- Meet with programme directors/producers to discuss programmes/shows.
- Organise meetings, interviews and schedules
- Undertake relevant background research in agriculture
- Interview guests via the telephone or in person
- After the broadcast, presenters may be involved in meeting with the production crew to assess/review the broadcast and plan the next broadcast.
- Introduce and host programmes
- Review agricultural books, programmes, podcasts, trainings, events, films, and newspapers
- Read from a script and/or autocue, or improvise
- Keep the programme running to schedule – respond positively and quickly to problems or changes, and improvise where necessary;
- Keep in contact with the director and production team in the studio gallery, via ear-piece link.
- A degree/HND is not essential, although qualifications in Agriculture, journalism, communication/media studies, performing arts, English, media performance etc. may be preferred.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in, knowledge of and/or experience of television/radio.
- Ability to carry out research and interviews
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- A good and vast knowledge about agricultural issues especially in Nigeria
- Ability to speak/understand different Nigerian languages is an added advantage
- 0-2 years work experience.
- Confidence and creativity
- Calm and able to work well under pressure.
- Good organizational, communication, team-working and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- excellent analytical and presentation skills