The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), South Africa calls for applications for the role of CEO. Those who meet the criteria below should forward their application.
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reporting to: NFVF council
Job Ref: RECR/CEO/002
Position Status: Fixed term contract
The position of the chief executive officer will be to develop and oversee the strategy of the NFVF. To direct, lead and manage the NFVF in its strategic growth and operations path, to deliver on the mandate of the NFVF. To set the vision, mission, and objectives of the NFVF and oversee the implementation thereof.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement the NFVF strategy through consultation with the heads of department.
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including shareholders, funders, inter-governmental agencies and partners, locally and internationally.
- Monitoring of budget expenditure and compliance with PFMA, Treasury Regulations and other relevant legislations.
- Ensure NFVF is financially resourced and that resources are effectively managed.
- Oversee the sourcing of alternative funding and the development of strategies to approach funders and submitting of proposals.
- Manage key stakeholder relations and engage them on a strategic level.
- Act as the link between the NFVF and the council, and oversee all council matters in the office of the CEO.
- Ensure that the organisational structure is aligned to the needs of the NFVF.
- Oversee the management and delivery of programmes and ensure programmess are aligned to the strategy and mandate of the NFVF.
- Implement stringent project management.
- Post graduate degree in Business Management or related required.
- 8-10 years relevant management experience on a senior/executive Management level.
- Public sector and film industry experience is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of PFMA, treasury regulations, GRAP standards, PPPFA and public finance and governance.
Skills: • project management • financial management • people management • planning and organising • control and monitoring • stakeholder management • leadership • business acumen • persuasiveness • analytical and critical thinking • customer focused • attention to detail • ability to work under pressure • strategic thinking and alignment
Knowledge: • finance • film and video industry • organisational legislation • policy
The successful candidate will be subject to a competency-based assessment as well as security vetting processes. Certified copies of educational qualifications must be made available.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates who wish to apply must forward their abridged curriculum vitae via email to email@example.com no later than 16 July 2018, quoting the relevant reference number.
Note: Correspondence will be made only to the shortlisted candidates and no late applications will be considered.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).