Encounters South African International Documentary Festival 2018 Calls For Submissions
The 20th Encounters South African International Documentary Festival calls for documentary submissions from filmmakers worldwide.
The Encounters is one of the biggest documentary film festivals that gives an opportunity to filmmakers to get their documentaries screened and also participate in informative panel discussions and workshops. At the end of the festival, various awards will be presented to deserving filmmakers.
This year’s edition will hold in Johannesburg and Cape Town from May 31 to June 10, 2018.
- No films to be submitted without complete entry forms.
- All DVDs to be clearly labeled.
- All submissions to include the following: approx. 200 word synopsis, minimum 2 stills from the film as a JPEG (300 dpi), complete filmography/biography of the director.
- Screeners and any promotional material submitted will not be returned to the sender.
- No material sent at charge of festival will be accepted.
- All DVD preview screeners to be submitted in PAL or NTSC format.
- In the event of your film being selected, it must be available in Blu-Ray Disc, DVD or DCP in English or with English subtitles.
- The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts, of a maximum of three minutes, available to television channels and for use on the Encounters website for the promotion of the film and the festival.
Click to submit an African documentary: https://goo.gl/pNLqxW
Click to submit an International documentary: https://goo.gl/Jxnpx6
Deadline for submission is March 1, 2018